Thursday, May 28, 2009

Walking With Pneumonia

I can honestly say that I have been needing some rest but this is not at all what I was thinking. I went to the doctor yesterday to discover that I have Walking Pneumonia. I knew something was wrong. The only time I can remember feeling anything similar to this was in the 7th grade when the flu epidemic hit & more people were out of school than were in.

It has been so long since I have done nothing that nothing is nearly impossible for me to do. I feel guilty doing nothing when I know there is so much to be done. Today, I thought that since I could not go to work that maybe I could clean up and organize. My plan was to get Barrett ready & out the door, take my medicine, then rest a little more. That part went just fine. I rested until around 10:00 and watched a "Snapped" marathon. Then I got up to boil some noodles. After that I was going to get busy around the house. I got so hot and broke out into a cold sweat. My heart started beating fast. I put my head in the freezer to cool off and of course my phone started ringing. I was so hungry for the noodles but so weak that I really did not want to finish cooking them. I made it through and ate them and then dozed and watched more of "Snapped".

I got a little bit done today...unloaded the dishwasher, straightened up the den, put a Pampered Chef order together. However, now I am wide awake. If I could have my life the way I wanted it, I would be a night owl. I love staying up late and sleeping in. "For Keeps" is on right now. It is following "Mystic Pizza". Memories, memories!

So, for all of you that have made fun of me for setting up a blog & never writing on it..this may be my last entry for a while. Too bad it takes Walking Pneumonia to get back to the things you really enjoy in life like writing, 80's movies and of course...sleeping!

I don't think I'll add a pic to this entry! Shower was not on my to do list today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment