Monday, June 1, 2009

Up

Here goes my first movie review:

I went to see Up today at the Rave. I was expecting to tollerate the film for my 3 year old son and maybe get a little warm & fuzzy, "that was cute" feeling. However, this film is a must see for adults. Sure it has vivid color and cute characters that appeal to children. The storyline, however is truly heartwarming and causes the viewer to look into himself and reevaluate the things in life that matter the most. I was reminded of Rick Burgess speaking at his son's memorial service when he spoke of stomping into the carpet the crayons that were left in the middle of the office floor that once aggravated him so much. He spoke of the lack of importance of this material thing that once seemed otherwise. I was left thinking about the things that matter most to me in my life and how we sometimes focus so much on making our dreams come true that we miss the most special moments that are right before our very eyes. When it is all said and done, perhaps our dreams weren't all we hoped they would be and we look back on our lives at the most ordinary of days and realize those times were better than even our wildest of dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment